Sabba is the co-founder of Veed.io, an online video editing platform that has grown to over $1.7m ARR. When I first met Sabba, Veed was just a small product that wasn't generating any revenue. Since then Sabba and his co-founder Tim have grown the platform rapidly, adding new team members, thousands of new users, making a profitable bootstrapped business.
- What is Veed?
- Where did you come up with the idea?
- What is your current revenue?
- Had you started and failed with anything before?
- What made Veed work out?
- Many indie hackers are solo. You have a co-founder split 50/50 on the business, do you think it's worth indie hackers going out to find a co-founder?
- There are many online video editing tools out there. Wavve, Headliner, Kapwing. What makes Veed different and how has that fed into your growth?
On growth and marketing
- Veed has grown super quickly, but how did you get your first 100 users?
- Then how did you convert them to paying customers?
- Your marketing strategy. What did you do at the start for your growth?
- When you started generating revenue, you hired content creators. Why?
- What are your tips for marketing without budget?
- Biggest mistakes / advice you'd give to founders
- Best book for IH
- Traction - growth marketing
- Seven Powers
- Favourite podcast to listen to
- How I Built This
- Indie hacker you admire / people should follow
- Josh Pigford
- What are you excited for in the future?