Marie Poulin is a Notion expert and started the Notion Mastery course back in Nov 2019, growing that to a mid-6 figure business in under a year. Marie's path to growth has not been linear, but as a result of persistent hard work and a decision to niche down (as an experiment) into helping people make the most out of Notion.
From Marie's site:
Marie Poulin is the host of Notion Office Hours, creator of Notion Mastery, Run Your Learning Launch, Digital Strategy School, Think Like a Digital Strategist, and co-founded Oki Doki with her husband, where they help folks create, launch, and market online courses and training programs.
Notion Mastery, the growth
- How the course grew organically
- The story
- How has video marketing, specifically using YouTube impacted the growth?
- Affiliate revenue
- Why no paid ads? (I suppose it wasn't really needed)
- What were the challenges of the growth - any growing pains?
The benefits of a niche
- "Fuck it, let's see what happens if I go all in"
- Why choose Notion as your niche?
- It's scary if you're a jack of all trades and don't want to cut off potential revenue streams, what pushed you to make the decision?
Notion as a platform
- Looking through your YouTube videos, I'm a little baffled about how much of Notion I'm yet to uncover. It's a little overwhelming to begin with, where should people start to build their Notion workspaces?
- E.g., should it start with journaling, or just use it for work etc.
- Notion as a CMS, with platforms like Super being released
- What's the future of Notion? The possibilities are endless. Maybe too endless...
- Thoughts on people selling digital products through Notion; Janel with Newsletter OS for instance
- What are your favourite examples of Notion being used?
- This could be someone using it creatively for a really specific task
- Someone building their own software / platform
- As a CMS
- Indie hacker - Anne Laure Le Cunff, Janel, Steph
- Book - do more great work
- Podcast - This is uncomfortable
- Speed of growth - how’s that been for you
- What are the growing pains
- How’s it been personally?
- Adapting your business model on the fly
- Skill building - how do you fill the gaps when things are moving so fast
- How do you do things better
- Quick decision making
- Lessons you can pull even if you have no
- How do you make a living as a creator?
- Being a solo founder
- How do you design something you don’t hate
- What are the systems that are going to help you? Not writing the same proposals over and over again
- Benefits of documenting
- How to work smarter, not harder
- What is the minimal amount of work I can do to get to a place
- Gross profit