Matt Ronge is the co-founder and CEO at Astropad, a product that turns your iPad into a second screen both on Windows and Mac, started back in 2015. Back in 2019, their business was almost destroyed when Apple launched a feature that almost made Astropad defunct. What did this lead Matt and his team to do? Pivot and find a new idea? No, they doubled down. Through challenges with big tech, raising kickstarter funding and building physical products, Matt has been on quite the journey with Astropad.
- Talk me through the product, when you started it, what the market was like back then?
- How's the business doing now?
- Marketing book
- 22 immutable laws of marketing
- The Burned Out Blogger's Guide to PR
- Where is the future taking you?
On big tech busting you
- Just tell everyone the crazy story dude...
On funding & kickstarter
- How to run a successful kickstarter campaign?
- Why go this route and not traditional VC or bootstrapping
On making a physical product
- Why make something physical?
- What constraints and challenges have you run into?
- Packaging and fulfilment
- Book - Radical Candour, The Making of a Manager
- Podcast - Dithering
- Indie Hacker - Monica Lent
- Lord of the Rings
- Enders Game
- The Foundation Series
- Bill Bryson - short history of nearly everything
- The Gene
- Guns, Germs and Steal
- Malcolm Gladwell
- How to win friends and influence people
- Turn the ship around
- Extreme Ownership
- Midnight in Chernobyl
- Astropad Logo in Silicon Valley