Dianna Allen is the founder of Terra, a DTC candle brand, where she designs and hand pours a variety of candles. In October 2020, Dianna left her life as a freelancer behind to put her efforts into Terra full-time, which as we all know, is a huge leap to make.
Intro Q: Many indie hackers spend a lot of time at their computers coding their SaaS products, while you handmake goods and sell them DTC. Do you think we should see more of this from inside hackers?
- What made you want to start a DTC business?
- Hows it been going?
- From the start, tell me how you've been growing Terra?
- How do the economics of a physical product business work?
- What's been the hardest part of running this business for you?
Going full time
- How did it feel making the leap?
- How did your clients take it?
- Did you put anything in place to de-risk it?
- Savings etc
- Advice you'd give to founders wanting to do the same thing
- Such a huge thing for any DTC / Ecomm business. What's your plans?
- Should we put less emphasis on BFCM
- Supporting small businesses, why we should all be more aware
- Indie Hacker