How laser focused grew a podcast to 50k downloads in 6 months
What we covered in this episode:
- Who is Danny Miranda?
- Why Danny started out dropshipping? and what stopped him from pursuing that?
- How did the podcast come about?
- Why podcasting isn't that saturated
- Why Danny committed to 100 episodes when he started
- The unintended benefits of podcasts?
- Why laser focus and consistency is the key to Danny's growth
- How Danny switched from a starter to a finisher
- How to stop context switching
- Why accountability is the key to motivation
- Short term vs long term thinking
- Why the 75 hard program had so much of an impact on Danny
- Danny's plan to make money with the pod
- Love Yourself Like your life depends on it
- Modern Widsom
- Steph Smith
Hello and welcome back to Indie Bites, the podcast where I bring you stories from fellow indie hackers in 15 minutes or less.
Today I'm joined by Danny Miranda, who is the host of The Danny Miranda podcast, which has rapidly grown to over 50,000 downloads in less than 6 months. He publishes 3x a week and has had some awesome guests including Harry Dry, Gary Vee and David Perrell. Danny is a walking case study of shooting your shot, making your own luck and having laser focus on one single thing.
But this episode isn't going to be about podcasting specifically, we're going to talk about how consistency, compounding and execution can lead to you making progress in your personal projects or entrepreneurial ventures. I think you'll be inspired by Danny's story.
A quick thank you to the sponsor of this week's episode, Churnkey. The founders of Churnkey know exactly how much of a challenge this can be, having collectively grown three SaaS companies to over $4m in ARR.
They've had plenty of time to figure out how to approach churn, and they realised the relationship with a customer doesn’t stop with the “cancel” button. So they built Churnkey, which reduces churn by up to 42% with custom cancellation flows. For every customer who clicks “Cancel,” Churnkey offers up dynamic offers that encourage customers to stay subscribed.
Just connect Stripe and plug in a small bit of code. In minutes, you’ll be reducing churn by immediately unlocking subscription pauses, dynamic offers, and cancellation insights. Visit Churnkey.co to start your free trial.
Also, if you didn't know already, you can sign up for the Indie Bites membership to get ad-free and extended episodes for just £4 a month at indiebites.co/membership.