Corey Haines is the is the founder of Swipe Files. He also runs Refactoring Growth, Mental Models for Marketing, Hey Marketers and he was previously the Head of Growth at Baremetrics.
Swipe Files is a curated library of teardowns for the best marketing examples, Hey Marketers is a job board just for marketers and Refactoring Growth is turning SaaS makers into growth marketers.
I've been a follower of Corey for a while and impressed by the level and consistency of the content he produces not only for Baremetrics, but on Twitter and for his side projects.
On Baremetrics / Side Projects
- Corey you have a lot going on, how would you describe what you do?
- How do you squeeze it all in / how do you manage your time?
- What's a day like as Head of Growth at Baremetrics
- Talk me through the timings of your projects? When did you start each one?
- Where did you come up with the ideas?
- How is your revenue shaping up for each project?
- Tweet here shows $13k since August, just for Refactoring Growth and Mental Models for Marketing. $36k in last 10 months. 60/40 split. $1,000 Swipe Files. Hey Marketers. $1k per month. $100-300 a month.
- Moved to an open and closed model
- If you could choose one project to be a runaway success, which would it be?
- Stair-step bootstrapping
- You've written a mega-thread which took off about SaaS growth. I'm going to set you a challenge. I'll leave the thread in the show notes, but can you summarize that entire thread in just 90 seconds?
- You're super active on Twitter, creating these impressive lists of 'best person for x discipline'. What's your goal / strategy with Twitter?
- What's been the biggest struggle building your projects?
- What advice would you give to other indie hackers trying grow their businesses?
- Best tools for marketing / growth?
- Every website has Right Message
- What's your favourite book?
- 2018 - Atomic HAbits
- 2019 - Ultralearning
- 2020 - The ruthless elimination of hurry
- What's your favourite podcast?
- What indie hacker do you admire / who should people follow?
- David Perrell
- What are you most excited about for the future?