Andy Cloke is the founder of Data Fetcher, a platform for running API requests in Airtable, that is currently doing around $800 MRR per month. Andy has started many projects in the past, his most recent one, Influence Grid, was sold for $55k back in mid-2020, having only started it 7 months before. Now Andy is facing the challenges of scaling his project in a niche market, while working a contracting job.
On your background
- A react developer by trade, what side projects have you started previously?
- Any of them been successful?
- What were your ambitions?
On Influence Grid
- In Nov 2019 you started Influence Grid, what exactly was it?
- How much of an impact did the TikTok boom in March have?
- How did you grow it to $3.5k MRR
- Rocket Reach - link to this
- Social Media Today
- When did you start entertaining the idea of selling?
- How did you come up with your price?
- How did you find a buyer?
- What advice would you give to others looking to sell their product?
- $55k is not life changing, nor is it really a good yearly salary, but you do get it up front. How did you feel after getting the money? Did you buy anything after the sale?
On Data Fetcher
- Software ideas newsletter
- Tyler Tringas Micro SaaS book
- Started 6 months or so ago, how's it been going?
- How did you get the first few users?
- Product Hunt launch
- How fast has the growth been to $800 MRR
- Building on someone else's platform / platform risk
- launching a feature that has overlap
- What's the end goal?
- Biggest challenges you're facing right now
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Startup to Last
- Jon Yongfook